Unlike a traditional medication cooling case, FRIO is a reusable, evaporative cooler that is activated by immersion in water. Reactivate anywhere water is available.
Directions for use:
- Ice packs/refrigeration are not needed (Note: Insulin intended for storage past 28 days should be refrigerated)
- Light and compact for travel - TSA friendly
- In tests, FRIO has been proven to retain its contents at around 78.8 degrees F (26 degrees C) for 45 hours in a constant outside temperature of 100 degrees F (38 degrees C)
- Holds 2 pens or 2 vials
- Submerge cooling pack in water for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Cooling pack will puff up. Remove from water.
- Insert pens/vials into cooling pack & place in case.
- Check with the medication manufacturer regarding proper storage temperature of your medication, and how to check the quality/condition of the medication prior to use.